Ignite is a unique speaking event where a series of speakers get on stage for five minutes each to share a Spark. A Spark is a 5-minute talk that consists of 20 slides. Each slide is on a 15-second auto advance. Ready or not, the next slide is on the way!
Each Spark is designed to educate and entertain. You, the attendees of Podcast Movement, vote and choose who gets on stage! Each speaker learns the rules, submits a topic, and then you vote for your favorites. The top voted speakers make it on the main Podcast Movement stage for Ignite! But the real winners are those who show up, enjoy the Sparks – and maybe a drink ticket 🙂 – at Podcast Movement.
Speakers must adhere to the following rules:
- You are not a primary speaker at any of the sessions (only Podcast Movement attendees can speak at Ignite. Panelists are allowed, but single session speakers already have a chance to talk. This is for everyone else.)
- Your topic teaches something of value
- Your topic is above the belt
- You have shown that you are prepared for your presentations (not missed the deadlines, blown off emails)
- Your topic is an original presentation (you can’t repeat something you have done before)
- Your presentation does not include video. Only static slides with text and images are allowed.
- You do not pitch/promote your business. (Our audience hates that kind of stuff, so it’s not allowed.)
What is an Ignite Spark Like?
Ignite Podcast Movement is organized and produced by Eric Rosenberg, a blogger and podcaster at Personal Profitability. As long as the speaker follows the rules, anything goes! Here is a talk by Eric Rosenberg at Ignite FinCon in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This is far from the only Ignite event. It is a worldwide movement! Check out many more Ignite talks at IgniteTalks.io.
For 2018, Ignite Podcast Movement takes place at Podcast Movement in Orlando! It will be on Tuesday evening, August 13th at 7:00 pm. Check your Podcast Movement schedule for more details.